Monday, June 23, 2008

Music For Your Wedding

"Songs you won't hear at every other wedding" - Martha Stewart

One of my favorite magazines is Martha Stewart Weddings. In the Summer 2008 issue, they list some great songs that you don't usually hear. I've done hundreds of weddings, and I can vouch for this list as some original but not too obscure songs to have on your special day.

for the cocktail hour
I Only Have Eyes For You, Billie Holiday
How Deep Is Your Love, The Bird and the Bee
Tupelo Honey, Cassandra Wilson
It's Wonderful,
Ella Fitzgerald
Soledad, Jorge Drexler
In a Sentimental Mood, John Coltrane
Stop, Look, Listen to Your Heart, Marvin Gaye and Diana Ross
I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl, Nikka Costa
You Don't Have to Say you Love Me, Shelby Lynne

for the father/daughter dance
Maybe I'm Amazed, Jem
Sweet Pea, Amos Lee
In My Life, The Beatles
Isn't She Lovely,
Stevie Wonder
I Can See Clearly Now, Jimmy Cliff
A Song for You, Gram Parsons
To Sir With Love, Al Green
The Wind, Cat Stevens
Have You Met Miss Jones (Swing When Version), Robbie Williams

for your first dance
Sea of Love, Cat Power
Thank You, Lizz Wright
Northern Sky, Nick Drake
Brighter Than Sunshine,
Aqualung
In Your Eyes, Jeffrey Gaines
Somersault, Zero 7
Isn't It Romantic, Tony Bennett
A Case of You, Joni Mitchell
You're the Best Thing, The Style Council
Baby, Now That I've Found You, Alison Krauss
Here Comes the Sun, Nina Simone

For more songs go to Martha Stewart Weddings or check out the Summer 2008 issue.

No comments: